Saturday, April 13, 2013

Top 5 Sleepers for 2013 Fantasy Football



1. Ryan Tannehill (QB)

Tannehill goes into his sophomore season with a vastly improved supporting cast. The additions of Mike Wallace, Brandon Gibson and Dustin Keller will be a boon to his fantasy value. Throw in the on-field chemistry between Tannehill and Brian Hartline and I could see him throwing for 3,800 yards, 25 TD's and 12 INT's. Of course I wouldn't target Tannheill as my starter, but he is a backup with starter potential. I also see Lamar Miller having a big season, lessening the presser Tannehill will see from defenses. Tannehill might make his way onto a few of my rosters for the 2013 fantasy season.
--Plus, anyone with a wife this attractive (Lauren Tannehill shown below) has to have some skill, right?


2. Daryl Richardson (RB)

Steven Jackson's departure has left the door wide open for Daryl Richardson, who was able to produce on limited touches as a rookie. I believe the Rams will look internally to replace Jackson. That leaves Richardson or Isaiah Pead as the two options to be Jackson's successor. Pead is still raw and I don't see him being able to handle a workhorse role, whereas I can see Richardson toting it around 16-20 times per game.  One potential downside to Richardsons fantasy value is the questionable talent surrounding him on the Rams offense. Their offense will once again be a question mark, but Richardson should be one of the few bright spots.





3. Lamar Miller (RB)


By the time drafts roll around, I don't see Miller being classified as a sleeper. With Reggie Bush's departure, Miller has a clear shot at the feature back role. I don't see him being a true workhorse with Daniel Thomas in town and because of his smaller size, but we have seen what he is able to do with limited touches. The more Miller produces, the more touches I see him getting. In all honesty, does anyone in the world (even Dolphins coaching/management) see Daniel Thomas as a starting RB in the NFL? I certainly don't!






4. Kendall Wright (WR)

Wright flashed potential in his rookie season, finishing with 64 receptions for 626 yards and 4 TD's. Those stats shouldn't blow anyone away, but he dealt with injuries and inconsistency at the QB position throughout the season. I don't see that being as much of an issue in his second year. As your WR3, Wright could have weeks where he performs as a WR2, and he can be had for relatively cheap. Expect 75-80 receptions 950 yards and 6-7 TD's. Wright gets a small bump in PPR leagues.




























5. Rob Housler (TE)















This upcoming season will be Housler's third in the league. It will be his first season with a (somewhat) capable QB. I'm not saying Carson Palmer is the answer for the Cardinals because quite frankly he isn't, but he clearly loves his TE if you look at last years stats. I'd expect Housler to put up numbers close to what Brandon Myers put up in 2012. Look for between 65-70 receptions, 750-800 yards and 4-5 TD's. If you are waiting on a TE until the last rounds, this guy could end up being a real steal. Arians has spoken about how he sees Housler as a big WR, which is welcomed news to fantasy owners ears.


* To clarify, by "sleeper", I am saying I believe these players will out-perform their draft status.

No comments:

Post a Comment